• ROSES • looking through Sundays photos and they are absolutely stunning! @stephanie_somebody making roses & milk magic happen • a huge thank you to @erinandtara @taratakesphotos blown away by your work! • photo regram from @hellojessebree • roses from @prunellaflowers • 💗 • #photoshoot #fashion #roses #bts #photography #onedaybridal
An Insight Into Our Inspiration
It comes with the territory. These days you can’t be a bride planning a wedding without a Pinterest board filled with inspiration. Whether it’s the dress, flowers, food, decor, or DIY ideas, Pinterest is your one stop inspiration shop!
But we have a few other go-to’s for inspiration and we thought we would let you in on a few of our inspiration secrets.
The Lane http://thelane.com
This has to be the ultimate source of amazing wedding info and inspo.
Hello May http://hellomay.com.au/
We just adore this new, creative and innovative wedding blog. So much inspiration from real life weddings.
Style Me Pretty http://www.stylemepretty.com
We Heart It http://weheartit.com/tag/wehearit
They All Hate Us http://www.theyallhateus.com/
Depends What Day It Is http://dependswhatdayitis.blogspot.com.au/
Snob Fashion Blog http://snobfashionsource.blogspot.com.au/
These girls are all over what’s in and what’s not. A blog filled with beautiful images.
And of course Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/
Wedding inspiration doesn’t always have to be ‘Bridal’. Xx
• BUSO CARDS • so excited about my new business cards, amazing job @motherbirdstudio ! Regram @motherbirdstudio • #businesscards #gold #foiling #print #design #onedaybridal #motherbird
• GROOMS • we love these @the_horse watches, what an awesome present for your groomsmen! I have the ladies version and totally in love! Photography: @scottsurplicephotography • #thehorse #groomsmen #present #wedding #weddingday #oneday
• MILK & GOLD • a huge thank you to such an incredible team today, this shot is beyond amazing! Photography: @taratakesphotos @erinandtara • styling: @stephanie_somebody • model: @pariswycherley • hair/makeup: @nataliesims • florals: @prunellaflowers • and awesome assistants: @stephanierose____ @hellojessebree • xx • #onedaybridal #erinandtara #stephaniesomebody #prunella #photoshoot #flowers #milk #milkbath #fashion #gold
• SHOOT • working on something special with these amazing people @taratakesphotos @erinandtara @stephanie_somebody @hellojessebree @nataliesims @pariswycherley @prunellaflowers @stephanierose____ • #photoshoot #onedaybridal #erinandtara #stephaniesomebody
TRENDING - Is this the trend we are bound to regret?
It has graced the cat walks of Paris Fashion Week. Our favourite celebs are wearing it. Dubbed the ‘Leg Veil’, this is said the be a style trend you are going to regret.
This new trend can definitely be a hit or miss. If not pulled off it can be a little less elegant and a little more unflattering. Probably not so appropriate for your wedding. Your grandparents don’t need to see your knickers, and if you don’t have the pins for it, I would probably steer clear.
However, having said that, if styled back, and a little more on the covered side, I think this trend can be beautiful, feminine and a little sexy for all body shapes.
What could scream femininity and celebrate a woman’s figure more than baring it all, without actually baring it all. ODB xx
There is a new trend occurring in the bridal scence, and that is for a bride to have no bridal party at all. Strange or kind of practical? In today’s society it’s not always that easy choosing your nearest and dearest friends without creating World War Three.
Historically, this tradition dates all the way back to the Ancient Romans who called upon ten maids and ten grooms to stand beside them during a marriage ceremony. The role of the maids and grooms was to protect the bride and groom from evil spirits. All dressed in matching attire, including the bride, the evil spirits would not be able to determine who was getting married. Smart! Hence today’s bridal parties predominantly dress in matching dresses. However it is now seen less important for the bride to be hidden amongst her maids.
So is this tradition a little out dated and unnecessary? Who wants ten bridesmaids anyway? Then what’s the perfect number? Who will be offended if not chosen? Old friends or new friends? These are all questions to consider when choosing your bridal party. Could it be a whole lot easier and a heap less stressful if all your loved ones where there together watching, without the hustle and bustle of choosing a bridal party?
Traditional or non-traditional….What type of bride do you want to be?
Street Style Muse got Hitched
Italian style muse Erica Pelosini married her lover, Dutch shoe designer, Louis Leman on July 12th over looking the Capri coastline. A gorgeous garden ceremony followed up by a stunning al fresco sit down dinner. There is some serious wedding inspo here!
Pelosini has pulled off chic boho bride to a tee in a stunning custom Emilio Pucci gown and to die for lace-up Aquazzura heels.
It is so exciting when someone has a wedding which is a little less traditional in the style stakes and is willing to have some fun when it comes to their wedding style. ODB xx
• JOIN OUR TEAM • boring Tuesday at your desk? Time for a change, come and join a fast pace, hardworking and inspiring business that involved creating beautiful things! • applications close August 15, we have a casual sales consultant role, a junior receptionist/social media position and dressmaking and internship availability! • email email@example.com •