TRENDING - Is this the trend we are bound to regret?
It has graced the cat walks of Paris Fashion Week. Our favourite celebs are wearing it. Dubbed the ‘Leg Veil’, this is said the be a style trend you are going to regret.
This new trend can definitely be a hit or miss. If not pulled off it can be a little less elegant and a little more unflattering. Probably not so appropriate for your wedding. Your grandparents don’t need to see your knickers, and if you don’t have the pins for it, I would probably steer clear.
However, having said that, if styled back, and a little more on the covered side, I think this trend can be beautiful, feminine and a little sexy for all body shapes.
What could scream femininity and celebrate a woman’s figure more than baring it all, without actually baring it all. ODB xx
There is a new trend occurring in the bridal scence, and that is for a bride to have no bridal party at all. Strange or kind of practical? In today’s society it’s not always that easy choosing your nearest and dearest friends without creating World War Three.
Historically, this tradition dates all the way back to the Ancient Romans who called upon ten maids and ten grooms to stand beside them during a marriage ceremony. The role of the maids and grooms was to protect the bride and groom from evil spirits. All dressed in matching attire, including the bride, the evil spirits would not be able to determine who was getting married. Smart! Hence today’s bridal parties predominantly dress in matching dresses. However it is now seen less important for the bride to be hidden amongst her maids.
So is this tradition a little out dated and unnecessary? Who wants ten bridesmaids anyway? Then what’s the perfect number? Who will be offended if not chosen? Old friends or new friends? These are all questions to consider when choosing your bridal party. Could it be a whole lot easier and a heap less stressful if all your loved ones where there together watching, without the hustle and bustle of choosing a bridal party?
Traditional or non-traditional….What type of bride do you want to be?
Street Style Muse got Hitched
Italian style muse Erica Pelosini married her lover, Dutch shoe designer, Louis Leman on July 12th over looking the Capri coastline. A gorgeous garden ceremony followed up by a stunning al fresco sit down dinner. There is some serious wedding inspo here!
Pelosini has pulled off chic boho bride to a tee in a stunning custom Emilio Pucci gown and to die for lace-up Aquazzura heels.
It is so exciting when someone has a wedding which is a little less traditional in the style stakes and is willing to have some fun when it comes to their wedding style. ODB xx
• JOIN OUR TEAM • boring Tuesday at your desk? Time for a change, come and join a fast pace, hardworking and inspiring business that involved creating beautiful things! • applications close August 15, we have a casual sales consultant role, a junior receptionist/social media position and dressmaking and internship availability! • email email@example.com •
• EMILIO PUCCI • italian street style muse @ericapelosini recently married her beau in a stunning capri wedding wearing custom @emiliopucci • this wedding is definitely worthy of a google search ladies! • #wedding #weddingblogger #emiliopucci #ericapelosini #capriwedding #streetstyle #fashion
• WHITE BALLOONS • and night photography • we love this shot and idea for beautiful upcoming brides • one day love • source: tumblr/slufoot • #onedaybridal #veil #bride #wedding #balloons #white #whitedress #weddingstyling #weddingblogger #inspiration
• GO LIVE • quote • #inspiration #quote #sundayfunday #life #lifequote #inspirationquote
• SARAH • oneday bride • another beautiful shot of gorgeous sarah on her wedding day in our ‘abbey’ gown • #onedaybridal #bride #wedding #weddingbloggers #lace #lacegown #lacedress #justmarried
• NEW WORKROOM • time to start moving into our beautiful light filled new workroom! • exciting! • #newspace #workroom #fashion #fashionstudio
The Pick of The Bunch
If you are anything like me when it comes to flowers I just want what looks pretty, smells nice and is probably way out of my budget! I have no idea what flowers are in season when and it would be just my luck I get married and can’t what I want because it’s the wrong season.
So I have put together a little file of some of our favourite flowers and the season they the best picking. We hope this will help you decide firstly what type of flowers you might like, and whether they might be available for you…
Australian Natives – something that would be perfect for an outdoor wedding. Australian natives are beautiful and usually last longer than any other flowers too. Best in bloom from March to July.
Baby’s Breath – I am absolutely love the delicate, fresh look of Baby’s Breath. This is a perfect flower if you are looking for something a little more subtle and romantic for your wedding day.
Carnations- These are available all year round!
Hydrangeas – The delicate shades of blue green, purple and white hydrangea can make for a stunning colour pallet. Available from November to mid April.
Lavender – This rustic, more understated flower can look stunning as a center piece or even weaved into a beautiful flower crown for bridesmaids or flower girls. Lavender mixed in with a beautiful range of Wild Flowers can look stunning. Lavender is best picked in mid-spring to early summer.
Peonies - I just adore Peonies. These beautiful, soft, whimsical flowers are just gorgeous. They can be mixed with garden roses or Ranunculus. However these flowers are simply stunning on their own.
These are in season from mid-to-late October until mid- December.
Ranunculus – I am a sucker for peonies however they can be expensive, these gorgeous flowers are a cost effective alternative to peonies or roses and they come in some really beautiful colours.
Roses- Roses are one of your more typical wedding flowers. I love the idea of using roses not as predominate flower in your arrangements but more to compliment a beautiful bouquet.
Spring is the best time of year for roses!
Sweet pea –This beautiful light leafy flower beautifully compliments and mixes to create a beautiful whimsical bouquet or table decoration. Available August to October
Wild Flowers - I love the rustic feel Wild flowers can bring to a wedding. These can be a mix of beautiful, more cost effective flowers which give a truly authentic delicate feel to a wedding. Wild flowers bloom from August to November.
Happy picking! ODBx